Wednesday, March 2, 2011

eternally optimistic

i've talk about this before. a near picture perfect childhood. not spoiled, but never went without. always loved. always safe. always cared for.

12 years ago - i found pot in my little brothers room. some may not think this is a big deal. my mom's side of the family has some serious mental health issues. i knew, it was bad news. my parents don't do drugs, my dad drinks sometimes & my mother never. they are both educated. they are also enablers. 12 years ago my older brother & i tried an intervention. they lies started. the denial. the never ending cycle of pretending our family was fine when really someone was dying a slow & scary death.

fast forward. my little brother continued to live at home until he was 26 years old. with his girlfriend. this is honest. you can't make this shit up people. time after time after time my parents just wouldn't believe it. then they bought a house. how? god only knows. it went into foreclosure. my family bailed him out. again. you can't make this shit up people. i was trying to explain to my dad how bad it was and he just would listen. denial. oh and - he didn't tell my mom about it. so, yesterday i got a phone call again - the house in in foreclosure again. this time. i was not. backing. down. i've had it. i'm done.

tomorrow a professional interventionist is coming to my parents house from a rehab facility. i will not be there.

i can't tell you how many times this has caused havoc in my life. i think even knowing that he is safe in a facility will bring so much peace to me.

tomorrow is my mom's birthday. i certainly hope he takes this amazing gift that they are about to present to him.

whoever your higher power is, the prayer you say - say an extra one tonight for me please.

1 comment:

  1. thinking of you and your family today. I hope you guys are hanging in there and that your brother is on his way to treatment. Let me know if you need anything!!!

    ReplyDelete