Saturday, March 19, 2011

ready. set. vegas

today marks day 32 or my life. i'm not saying 32 is old - i just really thought i would be done having kids by now. i thought a lot of things.

finally. our IF clinic in town has all of the paperwork that they feel they need to use in order to move forward. Our coordinator really wanted us to think long and hard that using a donor is what we wanted to do. I assured here that 7 years, almost 8 of marriage, off birth control from our wedding night, kind of trying, trying, wtf trying & this sucks trying have assured us that the donor route is the right one for us. The clinic seemed to have been partial to a sperm bank in IL. I just wasn't comfortable with it. It screamed sketchville to me. I wanted to make sure we could use our clinic (California Cyrobank) - the coordinator said, "oh yes, this won't be a problem, the bank in IL is under investigation." my gut is always right. We leave for Vegas on Tuesday - A has work out there and I'm just going along for the ride - after that - game on.

in little bro news - he called yesterday to wish me a day early happy birthday in case he didn't have time to call today - and then - called again today. i haven't talked to him on my birthday - nor have i been wished a happy birthday - in a long time. he won two awards in his program yesterday. i'm thrilled. i love him so much & i just pray that he continues to keep working this hard.

i feel like everything in my life is falling into place.

2 comments:

  1. Hope you have a very wonderful birthday and that this is your year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy birthday sweetie. I hope all the good news continues to pour in!!!
    hoping you can get started up soon at the RE. Is this for donor IUI?
    Have a wonderful time in vegas, you so deserve it!

    ReplyDelete