Monday, March 14, 2011

29:46

today my cell phone rang. I didn't know the number. I answered. The little boy that I've loved since the moment I first held him was on the other end of the phone. The now man, beginning his journey. My brother. 29 minutes and 46 seconds we talked. It was a little slice of heaven and heck we're being honest - a little slice of hell too. I was of course anxious, reminded of the last 12+ years of our relationship. Me being on edge. Feeling like any words wouldn't be the right ones. I had written him a letter, he thanked me for it. He said he's doing ok. Some withdrawal still showing it's way through with leg pain & irrational movement. He said his migraines & lower back pain is completely gone & he understands he's in the right place. Calling me must have taken balls for him. seriously. I love that kid so much. I just kept reassuring him that he's in the best place (he agrees) and that big hurdles will be coming his way (step 2 is communication) and that when he needs to cry - to cry - and that I support him in his life as long as it's a clean life. he said he knows that. i won't give you all the details but our conversation ended like this - my brother, "i love you j" me, "i love you j". I continue to pray. For him, for our family, healing, & strength.

1 comment:

  1. amazing. sending so much love to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete