Monday, September 13, 2010

lump in my throat

i don't expect people to wait for us to have a child. i really don't. it doesn't make it any easier when we find out that another friend has taken the plunge into mommyhood and they had to "wait" all of two months to get pregnant. if it's a friend that i don't really have to see or hear from - i'm usually pretty good. if it's a friend who is a part of my life that i'll see often - it's really hard for me. i think mostly because i know no matter how bad it hurts - i can't help but love kids. 

stopping at a friends house today and having her show me a picture of her kid with a big sister shirt on... made my visit really short followed by a tearful car ride home. 

i can't wait for all of this to come to an end. 

3 comments:

  1. Hoping this ends for you very soon. I often feel like the entire world is passing me by with their pregnant bellies, while I stand in the same exact spot no closer to a baby. It all just sucks. Sending love your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I just came across your blog via LFCA. Coincidently, my best friend, who's been TTC for 3 months phoned 30 min ago to say she's 7 weeks pregnant. While I am so excited for her and her husband, it was all I could do not to bawl on the phone (and what happened after I hung up wasn't pretty). Don't know why this infertility has to break our hearts like that. Good luck with whatever your next steps might be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here from lost and found,
    I am sorry you are having such a hard time. I wish you better times and days ahead.

    ReplyDelete