Wednesday, October 27, 2010

this is the song that will not end

i have another blog. i wrote about my infertility struggles a bit on that blog and met some of you there - but i felt like i couldn't always be honest about what was going on. so that's why i'm here. i'm 100% open to meeting people - feel like i'm willing to talk to any stranger on the street about what is going on w/ us - but on this blog - everyone says the right thing to me - because you all have been through this - so far - no one has said anything that makes me want to reach through my mac and slap you in the face :)

so - here's what's been going with our life the last two weeks.

A got his test results from the doctor for his testosterone levels while I was on vacation with my mom. he told me that the nurse said that they were "within normal limits" - he told me this when i got home. i was beyond excited. i told him he should do a SA right away so that when we would go back to see the doctor we would know for sure what is going on & figure out if there were any other changes.

he's been unmedicated now (previously on clomid & before that on armidex) since February.

also while i was on vacation - he finally went to go and see the allergist. in august he got stung by a bee and went into anaphylactic shock. he did get an epi pen but the er doctor said that he needed to go & get tested. (i'm a little annoyed he scheduled this w/ out me - because he never asks questions) so they did bee testing - he's allergic to all stinging insects - like - kill him allergic. including the german cockroach - who knew there was one of those? we also found out he's allergic to latex.

monday he went back to get tested for environment & food. he's pretty much allergic to all of wisconsin & shellfish too.

this leads me to believe his infertility is caused by an autoimmune disease. anyone with information? i'm all ears.

yesterday we went back to the doctor. his testosterone is at 261. this doctor says normal is 200-800 or old doctor said that it's 400-1000.

bottom line - i'm fine using a donor - i just want A to feel better - i feel like it's the blind leading the blind & we're just chasing.

4 comments:

  1. I wish I had some insight for you but I do not know much about male factor IF. I do wish the doc's could just agree and make this a little easier for you!!!
    I am so glad that you started this second blog!!!! I knew you would get the kind of support you were looking for.
    Keep writing!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know about autoimmune disorders and a link to male-factor IF... I hope you don't mind but I posted over at Lost and Found Connections Abound for anyone that has info on it to let you know.

    That is really scary that he just found out he was deathly allergic to stings. I hope he's got plenty of epi pens all over the place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you lala - anything is much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there, I agree with you in that this blogging community is INCREDIBLE! I actually have a very supportive and compassionate IRL structure, but there is something so wonderful about connecting with others who 'know' what you are experiencing and understand on a level that goes beyond empathy. My gratitude for each and every blogger who has shared their story or commented on mine is beyond words. So welcome again!

    We are also dealing with MFI, azoospermia. I'm not sure where in the country you are, but we were more than thrilled with Dr Turek (we even had to travel to see him.) He approaches MFI from a general health perspective recognizing that fertility is a measure of health. He offers a free phone consult, which might be worth exploring...

    Seeing someone you love suffering if awful. It sounds like you are doing all of the right things to try and figure out what is going on with your love. My mom has Lupus, my besties mom also has an autoimmune disorder, and we've learned that there is A LOT that doctors just don't know. There is not nearly enough research done on these diseases, and it is really up to the patient to take the lead in decision making and advocating for what they need. Keep getting second opinions until you find one that makes sense, and that helps him feel better. Can you get to a research university? I wish I had more to offer you, but it sounds like you are doing everything you need to be doing to help him feel better.

    Don't give up my friend. Us women are fierce when it comes to taking care of those we love!

    xoxo~ foxy

    ReplyDelete