Wednesday, December 8, 2010

annoying

i feel most days like we have a pretty good handle on our decisions with starting a family. this spring A will be getting his bonus. he's has had a really great year. his bonus will allow for us to pay off a big chunk of the debt from business school. it will no longer make us the 30 something couple that lives paycheck to paycheck. it's a good feeling. would it be enough for us to do IVF? yes. but we'd be right back in the same place we are now. driving two old cars, not saving & add a child to the mix of no money - it wouldn't be good. we both know this.

this afternoon - the little boy that i watch - his mom - called me to tell me she went to her OBGYN today and that such and such doctor can do this and that and blah blah blah! no shit sherlock - you don't think we've looked into every possible thing in this small town wisconsin?

sometimes i get so annoyed by everyone (people that haven't faced infertility) giving there two sense - it's times like this that i really regret telling anyone IRL about what is going on and why we don't have children.

3 comments:

  1. No question, you are so right. Those non-IF'ers have no idea. we should all complie a list of the not so helpful comments that we get, I bet it would be pages long!!!
    I have found a select few friends who are not infertile but who do get it. But, no matter what we get and are here for you.
    thumbs up on the bonus, I am glad this takes the financial pressure off you guys.
    thinking of you....

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry that you have to balance the financial pressures with your choices about starting a family. It really isn't fair.

    If I've learned anything from this experience, it is compassion. I never understood how fundamental that value was until now. People don't need to 'know' our experience to be able to show a little bit of compassion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't find your email address so I thought I would just leave this on your blog. Thank you so very much for your support. Your comments always make me smile. Sending love your way....

    ReplyDelete